More leadership nuggets from Tony Dungy…
- Treat your staff as if they will be senior leaders someday. Let them learn, under the safety of your leadership, things that someday they will have to be/do as a senior leader.
- “There are certain bridges that are not worth crossing, no matter what others think. Loyalty and relationships are more important.”
- Learn how to balance short term success and long term stability by paying attention to vision and details.
- “If you’re going to be a good teacher, you can’t just teach the A students. A good teacher is one who helps everyone earn an A.” Dr. Wil Dungy (Tony’s dad)
- When building a team, take your time. Go after people you want, not just people who are available. Don’t let time pressure force you to make a bad choice.