This morning Sherri and I had our weekly “Coin and Calendar” meeting.
Every Friday (our day off) we have a scheduled time to work our system.
Our system looks like this:
- Enter all receipts in the checkbook
- Balance the checkbook
- Enter the receipts on our Spending Plan (budget) so that we can track each line item
- Adjust the “Kill-Debt Plan” (our get out of debt payment plan)
- Make any necessary adjustments to our Spending Plan or”Kill-Debt Plan” (Sometimes we overspend in a category and have to move funds around to make up the difference)
- Pay bills
- Calendar (during this time we look ahead and make sure we are on the same page with dates, appointments, etc. AND we make sure that our Spending Plan reflects our schedule in the upcoming days.)
This is probably the toughest meeting of either of our weeks. Anybody know what I’m talking about? 😉
Today we were frustrated because we keep going over on groceries and gas.
After our morning meeting we talked to three other couples about what they do in these two areas, and guess what… each couple said that these two areas (groceries and gas) are budget busters for them too!
So what are we going to do?
Well, we can’t stop eating or going, so we’re in the process of identifying how to cut costs, shop smarter, and travel wiser.
How about you?
What do you find are your budget busters? Do you have any tips you want to share?