Today was a day of reflection for me.
A few things in particular have been on my mind:
- It is good to be married to Sherri.
- It is good to have a family in which expressions of love and gratefulness are common.
- It is good to be loved by friends.
- It is good to live with the confidence that we are doing what we were made to do.
- It is good to live without guilt or fear because the living Christ presents me to God as forgiven and worthy of love because of what He has done for me through his crucifixion, burial, and resurrection.
- It is good to be alive.
Some further reflection:
- Today was the first Easter in the last eight or nine years that I have not preached. I really missed it.
- I missed the excitement that goes on behind the scenes as the church prepares for Easter.
- I missed the exhausted yet fulfilled feeling that many of my pastor friends went home with today.
- I missed inviting people to consider Jesus as a friend and potential savior of their lives.
- I missed being a pastor and loving on my church.
I can’t wait until next Easter… the first Easter at Walls Down Church!
2 thoughts on “Easter reflections”
Great reflections. This is my first Easter since about 10 years, where I was not involve in the planning and coordinating an Easter event. I missed the adrenaline of it all. Maybe once I get settled and adjusted in my new church, I will be able to participate.
With all that being said, I hoped your Easter was still a blessed one.
Yep, I understand. Life has a way of changing quickly doesn’t it? The seasons of life move rapidly, but the dry ones seem to take forever.
Next year will be here before you know it.