- It’s hard finding a school to meet in here. They want you to have a plan to build your own building within a year… and a contract on the land you’re going to build on. That’s a problem. Why? Because I don’t care if we ever own our own building. We’re not starting a church so that we can build a building. We are starting a church so that we can help people find the life Jesus promised. Honestly, renting a facility is a heck of a lot cheaper anyway. So, I’d love your prayers on this one.
- Another issue that we’re running into is that schools will rent out their gyms or cafeterias, but not their classrooms. That creates a problem for our children’s ministry.
Hmmmm… all these problems seem like a good place for a miracle! Miracle anyone?
- In spite of the above comments, I did make some good connections today. I met the lady who schedules the facilities for the Little Miami School district, and was put in touch with the man who does the same for the Kings Mills schools. (Kings Mills Schools don’t look like they’re going to work. It’s hard to share a gym with a basketball group while you’re trying to “do” church. It’s also hard to have church in the summer when the district shuts down the elementary schools for the summer.) Maybe it’s time for a breakthrough here! It’s time for some “Possibility thinking.”
- We were able to eat lunch with some friends from Northgate church. It’s good to have friends from the church we used to pastor. I feel bad for pastors who leave churches with no friends. It happens.
- We ate supper with some friends who live in the area. We went to college with these guys and they’re talking about coming to Walls Down! I like the thought of that!
So how are you feeling Mr. Peterson?
- We need to find where we’re going to meet as a church BEFORE we locate where we’re going to live. Why? Because we want to live in the community where we minister. Please help us pray about the right location!
- I’m tired.
- I want some more Gold Star. Gold Star anyone? Joni?