Gosh, it’s almost “Go-Time” for us! I can’t wait! So much is happening so quickly that occasionally I like to write it down to keep it straight; it also serves as a journal for us to look back on someday.
- We have ten people from Mountain Lake Church signed up to come to Cincinnati on December 4-7. They will help us serve the community, publicize the Walls Down Christmas Eve service, and serve the place where we are meeting as a church. Thanks to all of you who are making this trip!
- In a few weeks Sherri and I are going to have our first weekend alone in FIVE YEARS! My parents are going to take “The Ladies” for a weekend and we’re going to get away! Yahoo!
- On June 1-10 we are headed to Cincinnati to find a place to live! We currently have several agents and friends keeping their eyes open for houses, or trailers if things get bad! 😉 We have decided to rent for the first little while. This gives us some flexibility and time to gain a full understanding of the area and determine where we’re going to live before we settle in for good. Please pray for God’s favor during these next few weeks.
- On June 16-17 Sherri and I are going to be meeting with ARC representatives. We will be assessed and interviewed for these two days. After these two days, if both ARC and we are agreed, we will join this network of churches as a planter. This is NOT a denomination. It is simply a network of churches connected by a single vision of helping people find Jesus. Their mission is to “create a resource rich environment for church planters.”
- I have been in conversation with a couple of Free Methodist Bishops concerning our relationship with the Free Methodist Church. Currently I am an ordained elder in the FM church. Over this last year I have been appointed by the FM church to learn from some of the best church planters in the country… planters who are from other denominations. Over this year I have had the privilege of serving with some great leaders from all kinds of different churches. It has been a wonderful opportunity to network and see life and ministry from a fresh perspective. As we move ahead I do not want to lose any of these connections based solely on denominational affiliation, therefore we are in the midst of discussion with our leaders. I am excited about these discussions with my leaders and look forward to next-steps!
- Rindy and I continue to work on the Walls Down systems. We have a separate blog dedicated to this effort. You can see how our systems are developing here. Feel free to take any and everything we have up here. That’s what we have done! By the way, Rindy wrote a couple of great blog posts about systems: Systems for Dummies – Part 1 & Systems for Dummies – Part 2.
- June 29th is the last “official” day of our church planting residency. We will be wrapping everything up and moving to Cincinnati during the first couple of weeks in July.
So there it is… some waddup! Thanks for traveling with us on this journey!