The other day a church planter who’s moving to the area where he will start a new church, asked me what I was going to be doing once we moved to Cincinnati. Here’s the list:
- Getting our family settled in
- Focusing on personal, spiritual development
- Raising funds = lots of meetings
- Networking with local leaders (church and otherwise)
- Building relationships with unchurched people in the area
- Developing our staff
- Developing our core group
- Refining our systems
- Preparing for launch = purchases, securing a site, etc.
- Developing our teaching calendar
And I’m confident that more responsibilities will arise as we get closer to launch!
One thought on “What does a church planter do to get ready?”
Hey Paul! I’d be interested in hearing more in future posts about #s 6,7, & 8. It seems that they are really connected and the communication, in a simple way, of #8 to the staff and core group is crucial. I’d love to hear how you will be communicating “The Walls Down Way” in a simple form.