Today we said “Goodbye” to a friend… our van.
Today we left our friend at a car lot as we drove off in another van.
Today we said goodbye to a van that has:
- carried two of our four girls home from the hospital
- survived a deer and the rear-end of another car
- made me get several speeding tickets
- carried us to: Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburgh, New York City, Orlando, Hershey, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Emerald Island, Buffalo, Rochester, Spartanburg, and a ton of other cities!
- held us as we sang, cried, laughed, puked, told stories, yelled, prayed, meditated, and expressed ourselves in a multitude of other ways
- made me an expert at changing lock and tumblers
- broke us into the mini-van scene
- side-swiped our real-estate agent’s car after she told us our house was priced to high
Today we say goodbye to our minivan. Tonight we bid farewell to a van, a friend, a holder of many memories.
And now a pictorial tribute and a moment of silence…
3 thoughts on “Goodbye to a… hmmm… friend”
Barb will be sad… she just asked how the grape-mobile was doing when we came home from our visit… And Paul, that thing took to much of the throw up abuse… the failing transmission is a ruse to get away and find another family who does not take “pump it till you puke” so literally! so when do you introduce us to the new one?
Why that looked like a brand new van to me!!!!