We have spent a lot of time reviewing information management systems. In particular we reviewed three systems:
Our review process included:
- Discussions with reps from each company (multiple discussions in some cases)
- Discussions with churches using each of the databases
- Online interactions with the databases themselves
- Price comparison
- Ability comparison
At the end of the day we decided to go with Church Community Builder.
We made the decision to go with Church Community Builder as our church information management system for the following reasons:
- It is web-based (as are most of the other information management systems)
- The range of features it offered
- The training resources available
- The pricing
- The recommendation of other churches using it (Freedom Church; Pine Ridge)
- The relative simplicity and ease of use when compared with the other databases
- The ability to customize it to our specific needs
Some good points about the other two:
- Fellowship One is just flat out sexy. Maybe that’s why all the big dogs are using it?
- Connection Power can be used in contexts that do NOT have internet connection (e.g. a school).