My gosh! I realize it’s been a week since I’ve blogged! Here’s some of the “stuff” that’s been happening:
- My Grandma died yesterday. We weren’t close. It wasn’t that there was a problem, it’s just that my family has never placed an emphasis on family. I’m sad about that.
- I am praying that God will give me a new set of friends… friends who are not religious and do not know Jesus! As a pastor, it’s easy to surround yourself with “like-minded” people. While I love my current friends, I’m praying for additional friends.
- God is really speaking to me about the issue of generosity. I want to be a generous man. I want my life to ooze generosity in everything from the way I give to the way I treat people.
- I think I’m going to stop “trying to build a core group” and just start preaching. I’m not a great “core group builder.” I’m a preacher. That’s what God has called me to do and that’s what I’m going to do.
- Sherri and I are working out like crazy at the gym! Some part of us is always sore, but we are feeling great these days! If you’re not working out, you’re missing out on a lot of potential energy, opportunities for personal discipline, and opportunities to meet new people!
- We’re working like crazy to get churches signed up for our Re-Think Money Conference for churches on December 6. So far we have eleven churches signed up! We are offering this conference for free to local churches because we believe in the material that Casey Graham will be presenting and because we love the local church! If you’re a pastor and you haven’t signed up, here’s a link to register. Do it today!
- We are also offering a Re-Think Money Conference for individuals on the 7th! Again, it’s free AND there’s childcare provided! If you want to attend and haven’t registered yet, do it here!
I pray you have an amazingly, wonderful, grace-filled day!
2 thoughts on “Some waddup”
A lot of great insights Paul. I am finding more and more old non Christian friends are interested in what I am doing with the church.
We kept our gym membership to meet unreached people and build friendships.
Glad to see that we are like minded in a lot of things.