Planting a church is an exercise in humility, perseverance, faith, ability to prioritize, and many other things. The “other things” are commonly referred to as “waddup.” Here’s some of the waddup that’s waddupping in our lives these days:
- Next week we’re headed back to Atlanta for the churchplanters.com conference. It’ll be good to return to the mecca of church planting and see old friends. On the way down we’re going to swing into New Spring. I love these guys and draw a lot of inspiration from them.
- Right now I’m reading through Exodus… the part about the temple. Looking forward to getting on to Leviticus. 😉
- Call me Romeo, but for Valentine’s day Sherri and I went to a movie and then dinner. We saw Gran Torino. One word summary: Unbelievable! There’s plenty of cursing and racial slurs to go around, but the end of the movie has a redemptive theme that even a sucky preacher could use for an illustration!
- I’ve started Twittering and am loving it! It’s a great way to connect with people! If you’re a Twitterer, let me know. If you’re interested in following me on Twitter (that’s what they call it when you get updates from a Twitterer), click here and let the good times begin! (Oh, when you click on that link, make sure to click “Follow” when the new window pops up). If you want to know more about Twitter, check out this video for non-techie people.
- One church planter that I’m really digging right now is Vince Antonucci. He is planting in Vegas and is ridiculously transparent about the journey. While I’ve never met Vince, I sure can identify with much of what he says and can only wish that I were as funny as he is when I speak about our journey! Go check him out.
One thought on “Some waddup”
Re: Exodus, Charles and I were there this am in Bible study. We are thinking about the casuistic laws regarding selling your daughter as a wife. I am not sure that I have ever heard any message preached from this section. (ch 21) HMmmm
Prolly not the stuff of church planting preaching — prolly not on the TV preachers radar screen — prolly not as great as your movie clip series…. 🙂 but like the spaghetti sauce, it’s in there.
AND “all Scripture is profitable for doctrine for reproof for correction for instruction in righteousness” so… we ponder the meaning.
😀 Thx for checking on me!