Today was our fourth Sunday “in the saddle” at the Rock Hill church.
I’m having fun! It’s always fun getting to know each other!
We wrapped up our Simple Series. Listen, it’s really been just that… simple. There’s been NOTHING flashy, sexy, or glamorous. It’s just been straightforward simple sermons that have clarified the mission and our role as a church.
Week 1: SIMPLE UNITY: we are a team on a mission. Our mission requires unity. We achieve and maintain unity when we:
- Act out of love (John 13:34-35; 1 John 3:16-18)
- Run to problems (Matthew 5:23-24; Ephesians 4:26)
- Forgive one another (Ephesians 4:31-32)
Week 2:SIMPLE CHOICE: we have a choice to make – predictability or people. When you choose people you: (Mark 5:1-20)
- Give up rights
- Take on responsibility
Week 3: Simple ACTION: The best action we can take for people is to connect them to God. Four “musts” for connectors: (Mark 2:1-12)
Anyhow, a few key points of celebration this weekend:
- I’m real proud of Sherri! She is eight months pregnant and has taken the initiative to start a ministry for the kids of our church! The kids are having fun AND learning something too! Last week (I think it was on Thursday), one of our girls applied the lesson that she had been taught on the previous Sunday! That’s what we want! Sherri won’t be able to do this for much longer so we are working towards the next phase of our children’s ministry.
- Thank you to our volunteers this weekend! From purchasing supplies to stocking the seats with Connection Cards to putting music together… you guys served well this weekend. Thank you!
- I’ve been working to meet with everyone in our group (church) one on one. It’s been great meeting people, hearing their stories and hearing how they hope to engage in/on the team! This week I’ve got more meetings lined up!