Recently we’ve been processing four big initiatives at our church. Over the next several days I’m going to break them down here on the blog.
From our first conversation here at the church we have talked about re-launching our church.
Re-launching is much like a second Grand Opening.
We have identified and gone public with our re-launch date.
On February 14th we will re-launch our church.
Why February 14th?
- Many new things start in January, and therefore the marketing is done in December which is already PACKED with advertising!
- We felt that if we marketed in December for a January re-launch we would be more likely to get lost in the shuffle.
- Marketing in January for a February start is more likely to be memorable than marketing in December for a January start.
- Why February 14th? Do you know what February 7th is? The SUPER BOWL! We’re not going to compete with that.
- Additionally, do you know what February 14th is? Valentine’s Day! People are thinking about love and relationships… so we’re going to re-launch with a teaching series revolving around love and marriage. (There’s some cool stuff in the works for this series)!
So, initiative #1 for our church is to re-launch on February 14th!
We’re excited, working hard, and expecting much!
2 thoughts on “Initiative #1 – re-launch”
I think that’s a wise decision. January is actually a fairly dead month. February is always happening though.
I’m excited for you guys and what God is about to do!
Actually, Nelson Searcy contends that February is the best month of the year to launch, or re-launch in your case. Holidays are over and people are looking for something to break winter blues. Plus, you have a longer period of time for people to create the habit of attending church before summer hits and people hit vacations. Sounds reasonable to me.