Yesterday we started a two-week teaching series called, I Love Rock Hill.
Because this is the beginning of a way of life for us we have created three social media sites:
- check out the iloverockhill website
- follow iloverockhill on Twitter
- Interact with iloverockhill on Facebook
The big idea presented yesterday was that when we “love our neighbor like we love ourselves” we, “make our faith credible and His (Jesus’) influence inevitable.”
Two standout statements from the teaching yesterday:
- The world isn’t looking for people who “love God” (those are often called “terrorists”). The world is looking for people who love people.
- People can’t determine how well we “love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.” But they can determine how well we “love our neighbor like we love ourselves” and that’s how we are judged.
During our service yesterday we showed an interview that I did with the mayor of our city, Doug Echols.