Read through the book of Proverbs and write down every reference to money that you find there.
There are 31 chapters in Proverbs. Read one per day and you will have read the book in one month. As a personal discipline I read through it every month and every month I am surprised at what I learn!
One of my financial mentors, Dave Ramsey, recently said, “If you read Proverbs over and over again, you’ll have a Masters degree in Finance.”
So here’s a few tips to help you get started:
- Get a Bible version you are comfortable reading (I personally like the New Living Translation and the New International Version)
- Take 5-10 minutes per day to read the chapter.
- Have a notebook and a pen to write down every insight you gain as you read through the chapter of the day.
- Tell someone what you have learned that day!
- Begin implementing what you have learned!
- Watch your finances change!
- Listening to wise teaching is a precursor to wealth.
- Honor God with my wealth and it will expand.
- Wisdom yields a greater return than wealth alone.
- Interaction with “bad women” will take your wealth.
- If you have co-signed do whatever you can to get out of that contract!