Here’s a few “waddups” that have been going on lately…
- I’m reading “Why Men Hate Going To Church”. David Murrow saying things I’ve felt but not quite known what to do with. This book both affirms and challenges my ministry philosophy. The impact of this book is immeasurable.
- Lately I’ve been watching “24” on Netflix. This is the best show I’ve ever watched! The storytelling is amazing!
- Beginning in June, I will be training for a physique show in October. This is NOT a big muscle guy show. “Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.” One other cool thing about this competition… no speedo! Board shorts are contest attire! For this show I plan to drop about 20 pounds and show at 175-180. I’m really excited about this!
- God is stirring a fire in my heart to lead our church to connect with those who are least likely to go to church! I want C180 to be a place where the people most unlikely to go to church are most likely to go!
- I can’t wait until Sherri and I have been together longer than we’ve been apart! This August it will be 15 years that we’ve been married so we’re getting close! (We were married when we were 21 & 20). Cool thing here… I know and love her more today than when we first got married!
- For my birthday Casey Graham blew my mind with unexpected generosity. I am grateful for his friendship. Here is a man who practices what he teaches.
- The best gifts I received for my birthday were the pictures and pennies I got from my girls! I LOVE their generosity and creativity!
- I know what I want to be like when I get older. I know because we have some older men and women in our church who have stayed through all the changes and are modeling good living for all of us young men and women! Thanks guys!