On Sunday, September 8th a few important things are happening at Church180!
- New church times will start! We will offer two identical church experiences at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- A brand new teaching series, “The Ideal Family”, will begin! (I’m going to tell you more about that in a minute).
- Our new student ministry (for grades 6-12) will begin that night.
- Some new environmental changes will be finalized (e.g. the renovation of Family180… where our kids have church, etc.)!
I’m looking forward to this weekend for a lot of reasons, and one of the big ones is the conversation we’re going to begin regarding family! We’re calling this teaching series, “Ideal Family.”
What is the “ideal family”?
The dictionary says “ideal” is “a standard of perfection or excellence.” It also defines “ideal” as, “Something that exists only in the imagination.”
Let’s be honest though… what you want your family to be and what it is may not be the same thing.
But there’s hope! During this four week teaching series we will explore God’s best ideas for family, and discover some tools that will help you build a better family! During these four weeks we are going to:
- re-think our paradigm of family
- unwrap old wounds that are still disabling us AND our families… and unearth the secret for healing those wounds
- discover the power of words and hands to build a great family
- and finally… learn some ways to deal with family members for whom it seems all hope is lost.
September is going to be a good month for you, me, Church180, and our community! I hope you can be a part of this new journey!