I’ve been thinking a lot about urgency lately.
Here are a few unedited and non-finalized thoughts about this subject:
- When I am urgent about something I am laser-focused on it.
- It is almost impossible to be urgent about multiple things simultaneously.
- Urgency in one area generally means neglect of other areas.
- How do I live with urgency while maintaining the other areas of my life?
- It is impossible to work with urgency and multi-task at the same time.
- Complacency is the opposite of urgency.
I know there is more to say and think about this… and I’m going to be doing that. In the meantime, what say you about this matter of “urgency”?
Do you feel a sense of urgency in any area of your life?
Have you been able to multi-task when you feel urgent?
What other questions should I be thinking about as I process this idea?
The genesis of this line of thinking came from Craig Groeschel’s podcast called “Institutionalizing Urgency.” Check it out in the links below: