- I’ve been thinking about this quote a lot this week:
Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.
- In light of this news, I’ve spent a LOT of time reading and watching the history of the 101st Airborne Division. I enjoyed and was inspired by looking at the pictures of men and women I will soon be joining on flickr. I also learned a lot by watching a documentary about the “Screaming Eagles”. Finally, I started watching “Band of Brothers” again… their story is legendary among the 101st Airborne.
- I’ve spent time reading through the Bible books of 1 and 2 Kings… and wondering “Why are people so quick to ignore God?” While this may not technically be one of my “favorite” things this week… it may have been one of the more important questions with which I wrestled.
- Definitely a highlight of this week has been the time spent with people. As we prepare to transition into a new chapter in our lives, we believe that our greatest memories will be of the people we love… so we’re spending time listening, learning, encouraging, and instructing the people we love!
- This week I picked up Jentzen Franklin’s new book, “Love Like You’ve Never Been Hurt.“ I enjoyed the first part (the second part was largely about marriage… not bad but not what I was expecting.) The first part talked a lot about forgiveness and kindness… two things that God has been counseling me on lately!
These are five things that have taken a lot of space on the desk in my head this week!