Hi! My name is Paul Peterson. The most important things you can know about me are in these pictures:
- All my ladies! (I love being a husband to Sherri, and “Dad” to “The Ladies”… all six of them)
- Reading. I love to read and regularly share what I’m learning on this blog.
- Going to the gym. I am “Dad” to SIX girls… that means someday there’s gonna be a lot of dudes around my house… I’ll be ready.
- Helping people discover “new life in Christ.” I used to do that as a pastor. Now I do it as an Army Chaplain!
- Helping new parents enjoy the “first half” of parenting! Sherri and I have a website with lots of useful information for parents of young children. We call it First Half Parenting!
- GED – I am a high school dropout.
- B.A. in Ministerial Education (God’s Bible College, Cincinnati, OH)
- M.Div. (Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh, PA)
- M.S. in Professional Leadership (St. Bonaventure University, Olean, NY)
MY STORY IN A NUTSHELL:
My life consists of two distinct chapters: pre-Jesus and post-Jesus.
Pre-Jesus I was a…
- High school dropout
- Bit of a wreck #fulldisclosurewouldnotbegood
- Hopeless wanderer with no reason to live
Post- Jesus I am…
- Married to my amazingly talented and beautiful bride, Sherri
- “Daddy” to “The Ladies” (SIX daughters)
- Educated, having earned two Master’s degrees
- Living a focused, purposeful life – to help people discover the life Jesus promised!
My ministry experience:
- I have twenty-one years of pastoral experience during which I helped re-energize a small and dying church, led a large and growing church, failed to start a new church, and started a new church.
- During these years I learned a lot about leadership, theology, organizational development, and most importantly… how to love people.
- Plenty of mistakes were made along the way, but thanks to the grace of God and the kindness of people, I am living my best life now as an Army Chaplain in the 101st Airborne Division! #AirAssault #ScreamingEagles #ArmyChaplain
THIS BLOG IS:
- a journal for me
- a resource of learning and encouragement for you
- a networking tool for us (i.e. you & me)
I believe that life is a journey.
I believe that the journey is better when we travel with others.
I believe that the journey is at its best when we travel out loud.
Welcome to the journey!