Hi! My name is Paul Peterson. The most important things you can know about me are in these pictures:
- All my ladies! (I love being a husband to Sherri, and “Daddy” to “The Ladies”… all six of them)
- Reading. I love to read and regularly share what I’m learning on this blog.
- Going to the gym. I am daddy to SIX little girls… that means someday there’s gonna be a lot of dudes around my house and I’m gonna need to rough it up a bit. I’ll be ready.
- Helping people discover “new life in Christ.” I used to do that as a pastor. Now I do it as an Army Chaplain!
- Helping new parents enjoy the “first half” of parenting! Sherri and I have a website with lots of useful information for parents of young children. We call it First Half Parenting!
- GED – I am a high school dropout.
- B.A. in Ministerial Education (God’s Bible College, Cincinnati, OH)
- M.Div. (Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh, PA)
- M.S. in Professional Leadership (St. Bonaventure University, Olean, NY)
MY STORY IN A NUTSHELL:
My life consists of two distinct chapters: pre-Jesus and post-Jesus.
Pre-Jesus I was a…
- High school dropout
- Bit of a wreck #fulldisclosurewouldnotbegood
- Hopeless wanderer with no reason to live
Post- Jesus I am…
- Married to my amazingly talented and beautiful bride, Sherri
- “Daddy” to “The Ladies” (SIX daughters)
- Educated, having earned two Master’s degrees
- Living a focused, purposeful life – to help people discover the life Jesus promised!
My ministry experience:
- Army Chaplain in the 101st Airborne Division! #HOOOAH
- Pastor of Church180 in Rock Hill, SC!
- Led a church planting effort in Cincinnati, Ohio that did not succeed.This was one of the most brutal and yet most maturing ministry/personal experiences I’ve had thus far!
- In 2007 we were in a church planting residency in Cumming, GA through churchplanters.com in conjunction with Mountain Lake Church.
- Prior to the residency, I served as senior pastor at Northgate Free Methodist Church in Batavia, NY. In our last year of ministry there, 280 people gave their lives to Christ. When we left, the church was running over 800 in weekend attendance and it continues to grow under the new leadership of Pastor Andy Sass. (Read this post to get a sense of what was happening @ Northgate!)
- Before serving in NY, I served as the senior pastor of the Arlington Avenue First Free Methodist Church. During our time there the church grew from 50 to 130 on the weekend, a large part of which was conversion growth.
THIS BLOG IS:
- a journal for me
- a resource of learning and encouragement for you
- a networking tool for us (i.e. you & me)
I believe that life is a journey.
I believe that the journey is better when we travel with others.
I believe that the journey is at its best when we travel out loud.
Welcome to the journey!