I used to blog every day. I’ve not been so consistent lately. We shall see what the new year brings.
In the meantime, here’s some of what’s been going on…
- We found out that baby #6 is a girl! Many have asked, “Are you disappointed?” The answer is “No.” We are thrilled that God trusts us to introduce six strong women to the world. It is a high calling to be the only man in the house and one that constantly keeps me on my knees before God.
- I have gotten my reading game back up to par recently. Several good books that I’ve read and am reading include:
- My computer has been in the shop for a while now and I’m realizing that I like not having it. (I’m blogging from the office computer).
- This year is going to include the biggest leadership that has ever been required of me.
- Since we’ve moved I’ve been able to set up a home office with a GREAT view!
- Still the best decision I make every week is to date my bride. Those few hours alone, dressed up and feeling sexy keep our love on the cutting edge! She still makes me take a second look when she walks into the room!
- I’m contemplating 2011 goals and am thinking about some things I’ve never done but need to do.
That’s a bit of what’s been going on behind the scenes.
In a few hours we will be leaving the beach.
This is the same beach that Sherri and I came to on our honeymoon. With a few exceptions we have returned to this beach every year since then.
Yesterday as we took a family walk down the beach Sherri and I agreed that because we have so many memories here we should make this our permanent vacation spot.
13 years ago we started our marriage here.
For 5 years we came here childless and watched families play with their children as we splashed through the waves with our dog.
Every year we catch something fun (from crabs to, this year a dead stingray) and take pictures of it!
Every year we visit the aquarium and eat one dinner at “Bushwhackers” (a local restaurant on the pier).
Every year we start our vacation with a trip to Food Lion (the local grocery store) where we stock up with food for the week. After leaving Food Lion we head over to Michelangelo’s for pizza so that when we get to our house we won’t be starved.
Every year our beach arrival time is different. This year we headed out every day after lunch. This gave everyone time to sleep in, eat breakfast and get ready for the beach! PLUS, 4-5 hours on the beach per day is plenty when you’re under 7 or over 30! 😉
We used to dream of what it would be like to be parents and have our children with us to enjoy the ocean.
Now we talk of someday returning here with our children and their spouses… and our grandchildren.
This week has been a great week! And it is one more great week in a portfolio of memories that we are building, because remember, the only thing that matters tomorrow are the memories that we make today.