Hi! My name is Paul Peterson. I’m the guy in the picture! The pretty lady on my shoulder is my bride, Sherri! Or as she is known by many, “The lovely and talented Mrs. Peterson.” ;-)
- All my ladies! (I love being a husband to Sherri, and “Daddy” to “The Ladies”… all six of them)
- Reading. I love to read and regularly share what I’m learning on this blog.
- Going to the gym. I am daddy to SIX little girls… that means someday there’s gonna be a lot of dudes around my house and I’m gonna need to rough it up a bit. I’ll be ready. I love it so much that I actually train other people at this gym!
- Church. I am the senior pastor at Church180. I agree with Bill Hybels, “The local church is the hope of the world.” I’m giving my life to serve my Leader, Jesus, through the church in hopes of being a catalyst for lots and lots and lots of 180’s.
- GED - I am a high school dropout.
- B.A. in Ministerial Education (God’s Bible College, Cincinnati, OH)
- M.Div. (Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh, PA)
- M.S. in Professional Leadership (St. Bonaventure University, Olean, NY)
MY STORY IN A NUTSHELL:
My life consists of two distinct chapters: pre-Jesus and post-Jesus.
Pre-Jesus I was a…
- High school dropout
- Pot head
- Hopeless wanderer with no reason to live
Post- Jesus I am…
- Married to my amazingly talented and beautiful bride, Sherri
- “Daddy” to “The Ladies” (FIVE little girls)
- Educated, having earned two Master’s degrees
- Living a focused, purposeful life – to help people discover the life Jesus promised!
My ministry experience:
- Pastor of Church180 in Rock Hill, SC!
- Led a church planting effort in Cincinnati, Ohio that did not succeed.This was one of the most brutal and yet most maturing ministry/personal experiences I’ve had thus far!
- In 2007 we were in a church planting residency in Cumming, GA through churchplanters.com in conjunction with Mountain Lake Church.
- prior to the residency, I served as senior pastor at Northgate Free Methodist Church in Batavia, NY. In our last year of ministry there, 280 people gave their lives to Christ. When we left, the church was running over 800 in weekend attendance and it continues to grow under the new leadership of Pastor Andy Sass. (Read this post to get a sense of what was happening @ Northgate!)
- before serving in NY, I served as the senior pastor of the Arlington Avenue First Free Methodist Church. During our time there the church grew from 50 to 130 on the weekend, a large part of which was conversion growth.
THIS BLOG IS:
- a journal for me
- a resource of learning and encouragement for you
- a networking tool for us (i.e. you & me)
I believe that life is a journey.
I believe that the journey is better when we travel with others.
I believe that the journey is at its best when we travel out loud.
Welcome to the journey!