Jack Welch in his book Winning, says that leaders do eight things:
- Leaders relentlessly upgrade their team, using every encounter as an opportunity to evaluate, coach, and build self-confidence.
- Leaders make sure people not only see the vision, they live and breathe it.
- Leaders get into everyone’s skin, exuding positive energy and optimism.
- Leaders establish trust with candor, transparency, and credit.
- Leaders have the courage to make unpopular decisions and gut calls.
- Leaders probe and push with a curiosity that borders on skepticism, making sure their questions are answered with action.
- Leaders inspire risk taking and learning by setting the example.
- Leaders celebrate.
One thought on “Jack’s list of eight things leaders do”
>>Leaders relentlessly upgrade their team, using every encounter as an opportunity to evaluate, coach, and build self-confidence. <>Leaders get into everyone’s skin<>Leaders establish trust …<< This one has become a prsuit of mine in the past six months. The days of “never let ’em see you sweat” leadership are gone. We must be real people who skin knees and knuckles like the rest of the world. We need to show people that “pastor” does not equal “superman”. We need to stop pretending that other people don’t already know that! 😀