- Rindy and I met with Tom Planck and Luke Dooley. Tom is the lead pastor and Luke is the students pastor of Journey Church. These guys were gracious and very insightful. I’m loving the community of church planters in the Ohio region.
- I met with the principle of Little Miami High School. He was friendly and connected me to the lady who schedules the Little Miami School district facilities. Now that’s a good connection, eh? I asked him how a church plant could best add value to a school. He gave some great pointers, but by far, the best one was, “Create opportunities for the students to get involved in community service.”
- Ate some Gold Star Chili and felt the warm glow of divine pleasure! Ahhhhh… What you’re looking at in this picture is a coney and a 5-way bowl of chili. A 5-way is: spaghetti, meat, beans, onions, and cheese! Add a Pepsi to that and you know why Cincinnati is so great!
By the way, some who read this blog, have made disparaging remarks about Gold Star on this blog. That is unacceptable. Completely unacceptable. In fact, I have threatened to ban Joni from this blog if she continues this buffoonery. 😉
- BONUS MATERIAL: It doesn’t matter if you are in Atlanta or Cincinnati… where there is coffee and free wireless internet there will be pastors. By the way, have you noticed that all pastors are starting to look alike? What am I doing? I’m sitting in a coffee shop with free wireless internet looking like the two pastors seated behind me. Good grief! I’m gonna grow a mullet and sit in Gold Star.
- Spent some time sipping coffee with Rindy and Ray Brock, a church planter in Goshen, Ohio. One of the best parts of this internship is learning how to start a new church from guys who have already done it.