What’s going on? Thanks for asking!
- The three big issues on my plate right now are: building the team (staff and core); raising funds; and keeping the vision fresh and communicated clearly.
- Last week we had our first LIFE group in our home. It’s great when you meet people for the first time… in your own house!
- We are preparing for our second monthly service on Feb. 8th, so we’re lining up musicians and working on the logistics.
- Building the ministry staff means meeting a lot of new people and building a lot of new relationships. Today I met with another worship leader. I’m currently in conversation with several different potential ministry team leaders. This adventure is exciting!
- Next week Rindy and I will be attending a local church planter’s training session. Dino Senesi, among others, will be leading this training. In preparation for this we have to read Reggie McNeal’s book, Present Future: Six Tough Questions For the Church. Reggie is asking a lot of the right questions… at least three of them (that’s how far I’ve gotten so far). I’m looking forward to the Sunday night dinner they are hosting for Senior Pastor’s and their wives.
- We are spending a lot of time building relationships in our community. This is quite a venture and we are being very intentional about how we go about it. Rindy has written a phenomenal blog post about how we’re going about it. Go over to her blog and read it.
Until later… peace.