Today I’ve spent time asking God, “What’s next at Church180?”
In the context of that question, I began thinking about what’s happened. Here’s an incomplete list of what’s happened over the course of the last nine months (this list is in no particular order):
- Doubled attendance
- Re-named church
- Re-wrote by-laws (moving from a board led to a pastor led church with an Advisory Team in place)
- Hired staff
- Added space
- Renovated facilities
- Launched a media presence (Facebook, Twitter, website)
- Established two community partners into which we pour our resources (financial & human): Ebinport Elementary and Pilgrims Inn
- Multiplied the number of children in our Family Ministry by 5x
- Experienced a drop in income and an increase in expenses
- Seen volunteers increase in number and passion
- Some people have left
- Marketing blitz (direct mail, Facebook, signs)
- Launched LIFE groups
- Established a Pastoral Team
- Started Wednesday Night Live (a bi-monthly, or so, meeting where our church comes together to eat, fellowship, and learn about new developments before they go public)
It’s been a fast-pace over these last nine months. The dust is clearing from the flurry of activity and we’re settling into Chapter Two of the story God is writing here at Church180.
The next months are going to be filled with forward motion. We will continue to expand the influence of Jesus by calling people to do a 180 and experience the life to which He calls us!
It’s a good day to be alive and a wonderful day to be at Church180!