It’s really not rocket science.
It can cost as little as zero dollars… but the return on that investment would make investors drool all over their pin striped suits if they knew about it!
Every week I date each daughter (Monday – Lexington, Tuesday – Reagan, etc.) and the results, already, are amazing! I can’t imagine what it will be like when they are adults.
So here’s how:
- We go for one hour – 5-6 p.m.
- We usually do something free or real cheap (e.g. library, park, pet shop, split a hot chocolate at Panera while playing Memory)
- Usually we leave the house. If we do stay home we kick everyone out of the room we are in (e.g. when we play Wii we make everyone leave the playroom).
- I don’t answer my phone or text. During that hour no one is more important than the lady of the hour.
- Their desire usually sets the agenda for the date (e.g. recently Reagan has been interested in exploring the internet, so we’ve been exploring the www; Lexington loves to read so we spend a lot of time at the library picking books and reading together; etc.)
There are a few thoughts about dating your daughter. I hope you take some time for your kids too! It’s great for them, and you’ll be surprised at how great it is for you too!
Here’s a video Reagan and I made last night on my laptop following her first ever Tweet…
One thought on “How to date your daughter”
This is very cute. My dad actually used to do this with me, up until I got too old to want to hang out with my dad… Every Sunday after church we would go to the pet store. Great memories.