Yesterday at Church180 was fun and informative.
Here’s how it went down…
**Shante Kiefer is on our pastoral team but was not able to join us yesterday due to a prior commitment. Though she was not on the stage, her presence is strongly felt and valued on our ministry team and in our church!
The questions were great! Some samples…
- Have any of you ever been arrested (two of us have). 😉
- Could a lady ever be a pastor at this church?
- Does God tempt us?
- When should a parent talk to their kids about sex?
- What is the hardest part of running a church?
- What is God teaching you right now?
- On a scale of 1-10 where are you on the “I’m burned out” scale?
- Do you ever want to quit?
- What does our church believe about spiritual gifts?
- How do you deal with a teenager who is struggling with heavy issues (e.g. suicide, pregnancy, addiction, etc.)? How would you help his/her parents?
- What is one thing you would like for everyone in the church to do regularly?
- How do you get such great looking musicians?
- What’s the secret to being a “Man’s Man” and being a “Godly Man” at the same time?
- What does “Church180” mean and are we connected to a denomination?
- Why don’t we have a cross in our building?
- And a lot more great questions…
As we were sitting there talking, I realized a few things:
- I love the team I get to work with! It’s not always like this in ministry environments. Sometimes you work with people because you must… so you figure out how to make it happen. This team, however, is not like that.
- Our pastors love what they do! I was so happy to hear their responses to the “burnout” question! We work diligently to promote healthy ministry habits… and it’s showing!
- Our pastors love the men, women, and children of Church180.
- Our pastors love the mission of Church180 – to help everyone connect with God, discover friends, and become a better person.
And then there was this…
There was an orange drink on the table… it belonged to Paul… which Paul (i.e. Hoover or Peterson) however is not clear. 😉
Anyhow, if you missed yesterday I encourage you to check it out here!
And then I’d love to hear from you… are there things we missed that you hoped to have answered?