We landed back in Georgia at 5 a.m. on Monday! After traveling all night in the back country of the Georgia hills I’m sure glad to be home. Tired, but glad.
- We went to Northbridge’s launch. It was exciting. They had 240 people on their first day. As we sat there, I realized, again, why God has called us to this area. We are different. We will have a different kind of church. The guys at Northbridge were very helpful and gracious to us as they shared their excitement with us! It was a good morning.
- We spent the afternoon cruising around the Landen area. This is really quite an exciting area packed with young families. We are looking at this area for housing and schooling. Because it is five minutes or less from Maineville and even considered a part of Maineville at points we are also considering this area as a launch point.
- We packed up and headed home with the assistance of Starbucks and Skyline!
Any final reflections Mr. Peterson?
- Ten of us and an English Mastiff spent a week in a three bedroom apartment. It was an apartment over a couple’s house so we did have access to their kitchen, laundry, and TV room, but we still packed ten people (4 little girls, three teenage boys, and three adults) and a dog into a three room apartment! We did it and we still love each other! Weird smells, walking over sleeping boys and babies, sharing one shower, eating around a table that seated five… This is commitment! 😉
- I’m so confident in what God is going to do through Walls Down church that it humbles and scares me.
- I’m pretty sure we’re not going to meet in a high school. We are going to be calling some movie theaters this week.
- Yesterday a friend of mine, JR, called me and left a message of encouragement. Now here’s the story about JR: a few years ago in Pennsylvania I was his pastor. To make a long story short, his marriage had fallen apart. Through a series of miraculous events, I had the privilege of re-marrying he and his bride! Sherri and I regularly look back at that event as illustrative of what we want to spend the rest of our lives doing. When he called me yesterday and left his message of encouragement, it occurred to me that a man that I once ministered to is now ministering to me. It has come full circle! And then Sherri said it, “God is using JR to remind us of what he wants to do through Walls Down church.” He wants to regularly bring reconciliation to broken relationships; hope to despair; forgiveness and peace to guilt-burdened hearts; meaning to apathetic and bored people, and on and on and on. God is going to use Walls Down to be a point of change in innumerable lives. Am I being arrogant? No. Just confident in the vision that God has given us and His ability to carry it out through humble, obedient servants.
This was a great trip that we will make several more times before moving to the area in July.
Three ways you can pray:
- Pray for the people of this area. The broken, disappointed, bored, and disillusioned people. Pray that God will use Walls Down Church to help them find the life Jesus promised.
- Pray that we will find the location that God has carved out for us to meet in.
- Pray that Rindy sells her house and that we both find housing.