A day in the life of a guy getting ready to plant a church:
- Trying to think about getting incorporated, by-laws, 501(c)3’s and all that stuff!
- Working on the operational budget for our church
- Talking with my team about: systems, vision, the logistics of moving to another state, the roles we will play, personal lives, etc.
- Raising money for our church – I’m on the phone, e-mailing, writing letters, and setting up meetings
- Networking with church leaders both far and wide (not a reference to size)
- Working with our team on our church prospectus
- Setting up meetings to talk about systems, leadership, and the role of pastor and church in the lives of busy, professional people
- Talking with other church planters… always looking for new ideas
- Thinking about what all we have to do on our next trip to Cincinnati (find a house, set up a bank account, talk to schools and teachers for “The Ladies”, meet with potential core team, etc.)
- Working on the logistics for the missions team from Mountain Lake Church that will be coming to Cincinnati in December
- Getting ready to meet with my personal assistant (me) to: file and record receipts, file information and ideas that I’ve accumulated, set up meetings, respond to e-mails and phone calls, and wish desperately for another assistant!
- Incredibly happy that I’ve found Jott. This little bit of technology is great for ideas that I get when I’m driving!
- Feeling quite sad that between two of my friends in the last week there have been three babies lost.
So that’s about it… now I’ve gotta run to another meeting…