It’s been a long time since I’ve done a “waddup” post! In case this is your introduction to “Waddup” posts, they are simply bullet points telling what’s going on in my life (remember, one purpose of this blog to serve as a journal for me).
Anyhow, here we go…
- I’m really excited about Church180. Today we launched our new website in preparation for the thousands of mailers that will be landing in people’s mailboxes tomorrow! We are inviting every family in a 10 mile radius to join us for FAMJAM and the beginning of our new teaching series on Sunday, Parenting Beyond Your Capacity.
- We really miss Sadie (our dog for the last ten years). I keep forgetting she’s gone and when I remember it makes me really sad.
- I’ve been enjoying dating the girls lately. It’s neat to see their individual personalities blossoming. On our next date, Reagan and I are going to cook dinner for our family (she’s really into cooking right now).
- I’ve been learning a lot about racial issues over the last year. God has blessed me with some honest, gracious black men who I am proud to call “friend.” Asking them questions, reading books, watching movies, and living in a primarily black neighborhood has given me some fresh insights and a deep burden to stand shoulder to shoulder with my neighbors and friends.
- We are headed into the election season and I couldn’t be happier! I love politics! This time of year for me is like the college playoff season for football fans. (Don’t even think about trying to take my ManCard for that comment).
- I am reading a lot of early American history right now including Thomas Paine’s Common Sense. I’m actually reading it with a buddy and we are going to be dialoguing about it. Next up is Alexis De Tocqueville’s “Democracy In America“.
- I love my parents a lot but find myself sometimes disappointed with our interactions. I wonder what my kids will think about me when they are my age?
- Speaking of age, I’m 35 now. I feel pretty good but I need to do something big like run a marathon or compete in a mixed martial arts fight. Is this a midlife crisis? I don’t think so. I’m madly in love with my bride and happy in my work environment. I just need to do something that challenges me physically.
- I have some good friends. Last week my life got a little chaotic so I called my buddy to let him know I had some monsters chasing me (lust and anger). We prayed together and he kept checking in on me. I passed the test and am thankful for friends who will hear your story, love you and hold you to a high set of expectations.
- Recently Sherri and I have been making new friends. I always enjoy hearing people’s stories and getting to know them outside of church. It’s always fun to see people realize that a pastor is a man too!
Anyhow, it’s been a good stretch and I’m looking forward to the next few days!
One thought on “Some personal “waddup””
Wow you are busy! But that’s good.
Glad to hear you’re reading Paine with De Tocqueville in the wings. Sadly, most don’t know and don’t care how our country came to be.
Would love to hear your thoughts when you’re done.