Much is happening in our home these days!
- Moving into a new home is something that we are all excited about! For the last 1 1/2 years we have lived in a 1200 sq. foot house! SEVEN people in a 1200 square foot house. We did it on purpose though. We wanted to rent something cheap that would allow us to focus on getting our finances back on track after a failed church plant in Cincinnati. It is time to move into something bigger though! With #6 coming and the girls getting bigger we just need more space! Move-in happens this week! Whoo Hoo!
- I am really enjoying the Bible. Like everyone else, I go through spells where it gets a little “dry”, but lately it’s been refreshing. Currently I am on track to read it from front to back in four months. I like to read the Bible fast like this every once in a while because it easier to remember what happened in Genesis when I’m reading Revelation because it was only four months ago that I read it!
- My friend just had a child with Down Syndrome. I love him. I love her. We talked about being a parent of a special needs child. This verse has changed the way I look at “special needs” children:
- Context = God gave Moses a big job to do. Moses kept telling God all of the reasons why he wasn’t qualified, one of which was a speech impediment. Finally God broke through all of Moses’ excuses and said, “Who makes mouths?” the LORD asked him. “Who makes people so they can speak or not speak, hear or not hear, see or not see? Is it not I, the LORD?”(Exodus 4:11 NLT)
- God has blessed me with several older, wise men who care about me. I love to hear their wisdom and am blessed to be in a position where I can hear it regularly. I want to honor God with my life, love one woman for all of my life, raise kids who want to be around me when they don’t have to be, manage my money well so that I can enjoy it and live generously, have the wisdom to know what God wants and the courage to do it, and have friendships that get better with time.
- I have been enjoying laughing a lot lately. Often this does not happen so easy for me because I tend to be driven almost to a fault. God has placed some really funny friends in my life AND some hilarious little girls!
- On October 10 I wrote a blog entitled, “She’s Worth Fighting For” in which I shared honestly about struggles that Sherri and I have been going through.An update: We are working hard on our marriage! While there are still stressful moments, we are pulling out of one of the toughest spots in our 13 years! I love that girl a ton and she loves me a ton! We have something beautiful together… love!
- We just wrapped up a three week teaching series at Church180 called, “The Man Series.” I have probably grown more throughout this series than in any teaching series in a long time. Why? I have been convinced that the biblical essence of manhood is “responsibility” and have taken opportunity to step up and demonstrate responsibility in my life, home, church and community. The results are amazing. We will be posting all of these sermons online within the next two weeks so that you can hear them.
Enough for now. That’s just a little “waddup” in the Peterson house these days!